How does a proposal get onto VeVote?

Hi all, I’m a blockchain student working on a final project about VeChain (no commercial interest). One part of it is how decisions get made on the protocol side.

I asked about this in the Telegram General chat and was pointed here, so trying again :slightly_smiling_face:

The VeVote docs say proposals start as a thread on Discourse and then get submitted on-chain by someone with the whitelisted role. What I couldn’t find:

  • Who holds that role today? (In Telegram I got two different guesses: the Foundation, or large node holders.)
  • Is there a way for a regular node holder to get a proposal in front of them, or to be added?
  • Has a proposal that started from the community ever made it to a VeVote vote? On VeBetterDAO this seems pretty common, so I was curious whether VeVote works the same way.

Thanks!